• News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Ships used in E1 are considered as throwaway ships, so plan accordingly unless you do not have an arctic gear (more under E1-2 phase section)

IMPORTANT: DO NOT CONFUSE ARCTIC GEAR WITH SKILLED DECK PERSONNEL. DOUBLE CHECK YOUR EQUIPMENT BEFORE SORTIE!

E1-1 gimmick phase (1st fleet dark blue tag)

DifficultyCGH
    HardS-rank x1S-rank x1S-rank x1
    Medium??B-rank x1
    Easy???
    Casual?A-rank x1?

Fleet
    1FBB 1CV 1CA 1CL 2DD (Fast fleet, more for E1-2 gimmick phase later on)

Route
    1-A-D-E-F-G/H
    1-A-B-C

LBAS range
    C: 4
    G/H: 6

G is a submarine node, so bring at least 2 OASW setups on the CL/DD. You may use 1 LBAS base to assist in any part of the gimmick. Node H has enemy CVLs, so recommended to send LBAS there.

E1-1 phase (2nd fleet green tag)

Fleet: 1LHA/AO, 4DD or 2LHA/AO 4DD
    Route: 2-N-O-P-Q

Fleet: 1CL 5DD
    Route: 2-I-N1-N2-O-P-Q

LBAS range
    N:1
    N1/2: 3
    O:2

The only requirement is to reach node Q for transport bar depletion (equivalent to S-rank), and the route is short, so you can afford to load all ships with drums/daihatsu and use LBAS loaded with fighter/interceptors to deal with node O.

As this tag will be reused in E2-1 gimmick phase as well as E2-2 debuff phase, consider bringing 1 or 2 utility ships i.e AACI DD (Akizuki-class), OASW DDs (Italian DDs).

E1-2 gimmick phase (1st fleet dark blue tag, 2nd fleet green tag)

DifficultyMR1T
    HardS-rank x2AS x1S-rank x2
    MediumA-rank x1AS x1S(or A)-rank x2
    EasyA-rank x1-A-rank x1
    CasualA-rank x1?-A-rank x1?

M (2nd fleet)
    Fleet: 1FBB 1CVL 4DD (fast fleet)
    Route: 2-I-D-K-M
    LBAS range: 5

Ships will be reused for E2-1 gimmick phase, so 1FBB and 1 fast CVL is committed here. Remember to equip Arctic gear to the CVL or else the game UI will prevent you from sortieing. Do not use a CV if possible because the CV cannot be used for E2-1 gimmick phase (off-route), unless you have enough throwaway or fodder CVs to spare.

R1/T (1st fleet)
    Fleet: 1FBB, 1CV, 1CA, 0-1CL, 1-2DD, 1DE (slow fleet)
    Route: 1-A-B-C-R-R1
    LBAS range: 6

Fleet: 1FBB, 1CV, 1CA, 1CL, 2DD (fast fleet)
    Route: 1-A-B-C-R-R2-S-T
    LoS (Cn3): 55
    LBAS range: 6

Same fleet as in E1-1 gimmick phase. For R1, replace either the CL or DD with a DE to force routing to R1. Recommended to send a LBAS of full fighters/interceptors to R1 to achieve AS. Equip fighter and Arctic gear on the CV for R1, and usual CVCI setup + Arctic gear for T.

E1-2 phase (1st fleet dark blue tag, 5th fleet purple tag)

Fleet: 1-2FBB 1-2CV 1CL 2DD (fast fleet, 5th fleet purple tag, recommended)
    Route: 3-V-W-R2-S-T-X

Fleet: 1CV 1CL 4DD (fast fleet, 5th fleet purple tag)
    Route: 3-V-W-R2-T-X

Fleet: 2CA 1CAV 1CL 2DD (fast fleet, 5th fleet purple tag, no Arctic gear comp)
    Route: 3-V-W-R2-S-T-X

Fleet: 1FBB 1CAV 1CL 3DD (fast fleet, 1st fleet dark blue tag, no Arctic gear comp)
    Route: 1-A-B-W-R2-S-T-X

LBAS range
    T:6
    X:7

LoS (Cn4): 100+The best comps are locked behind Arctic gear, so if you do not have any Arctic gear, you may still opt for the alternative comps listed above, though you will be at a huge disadvantage due to lack of air power. The CAV is to provide some air power to achieve at least AD en-route, as well as getting AS at boss LD. Take note that LoS (Cn4) of 100+ is required to route W-R2 (lower LoS for S-T).

The boss node is not difficult as it features the old CA Hime with lower armour values than newer himes, but recommended to bring at least 1-2 historicals that can perform TCI (e.g Abukuma, Ushio, Hatsushimo), especially since LD also features a Kuriles DD hime at the bottom, which will soak most attacks. Possible for LBAS to wipe the Kuriles DD hime out if lucky.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E1-1 clear

E1-1 gimmick fleet (Garibaldi, Roma, Ark Royal, Northampton dupes)

E1-1 gimmick LBAS (setup for node H)

E1-1 fleet (All dupes except Matsukaze, can replace equipment with drums/daihatsu for faster TP depletion)

E1-1 LBAS (Node O)

E1-2 gimmick fleet (Fubuki, Italia, Akizuki, Jervis dupes)

E1-2 gimmick LBAS (node M, T), full fighter/interceptors for R1

E1-2 clear

E1-2 fleet (Richelieu, Souryuu, Teruzuki dupes)

E1-2 LBAS - all to node X

2 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by Ken G; 03-08-2024 at 09:28 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1164 Post(s)
    Just checked the wiki page for this map. Are there any ships with buffs in this map that I shouldn't use here as they'll be much more useful in the other maps?

So far, I'm planning to use Hatsushimo, Ushio, and Shiranui for my TCI/GTRL needs to sink the Phase 2 boss of this map and I'm having second thoughts on using them as I fear they'll be handy in the next maps.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    @silentcap: Shiranui & Ushio are super common/safe (I'll be using those 2). Not 100% on Hatsushimo, but I don't recall here being "must have" anywhere else. Edit - E-4 has a TP phase where you are going to use a lot of DD (like 8-9) so keep that in mind with Hatsushimo.

Last edited by goesto11; 03-09-2024 at 08:16 AM. Reason: addition
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    E1H cleared!

Got a bit of an earlier start this time around. Keeping the descriptions brief, since I mostly just copied updated frontliner fleets.

Phase 0.5

Sorties: 3
    LBAS #1: 4 bombers

Used mainly throwaway ships here. Same fleet can hit all required nodes.

Phase 1

Sorties: 5
    LBAS #1: 4 toukai

Another throwaway lock, so just using second-tier daihatsu carriers here. No boss battle at the end, so super chill phase overall.

Phase 2

Sorties: 10 (5 unlocks, 4 chipping, 1 last dance)
    LBAS #1: 3 bombers 1 fighter

The unlock steps mostly reuse the previous fleets plus a few extra ships. Boss itself was nothing special, although you need arctic gear in order to bring carriers.

On to the next!

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    E1H done

1st unlock (blue)
    Fusou: 381mm kai +10, 16inch+FCR +10, AP kai +4, zuiun k2(skilled) / at home for C
    Amagi: murata +2, ryuusei(CD1/skilled) +2, f4u7, shinden/saiun(EC)
    Taiyou*: suisei(egusa), suisei(egusa), t4 sonar +6, RUR-4A
    Pola: 20.3cm(3) +10, 20.3cm(3) +10, 11B(skilled), kyoufuu k2 +10/fumo
    Grecale*: 10cm+AAFD +10, t4 sonar +6, ASW torp
    Maestrale*: 10cm+AAFD +10, t4 sonar +6, mk.32 ASW torp

P1 (green)
    Kawakaze: daihatsu, daihatsu, daihatsu, repair goddess
    Hayasui: daihatsu, daihatsu, daihatsu
    Murasame: daihatsu, daihatsu, daihatsu
    Amatsukaze(base): drum, drum, drum
    Kagero(kai): drum, drum, drum

LBAS(H or C / G or N): hayabusa(64), ginga(skilled), ginga(skilled), nonaka +2 / toukai, toukai, toukai(901), toukai(901)

Easy and quick (didn't wait for morale) TP phase since LBAS took care of the 1st node and I could advance after the 2nd node even with heavy damaged ships (although it seems they don't count for bar depletion, so I used vanguard at both nodes and the first 2 ships were never hit).

2nd unlock (blue & green)
    Amagi: iwamoto +10, au1, f4u7, AGDP
    Grecale*: 10cm+AAFD +10, HF/DF +2, ASW torp
    Maestrale*: 10cm+AAFD +10, HF/DF +3, mk.32 ASW torp
    Fusou: 381mm kai +10, 16inch+FCR +10, AP kai +4, zuiun k2(skilled)
    Kinugasa: GFCS+5inch CD, 5inch CD +2, SK+SG +10, shiun(skilled) +2
    Pola: kyoufuu k2 +10, kyoufuu k2 +6, t2 SPF(skilled) +10, t2 SPF(skilled) +10

Aquila: tenzan murata +2, au1, ryuusei(CD1/skilled), shinden
    Murasame*: searchlight +10, HF/DF +3, mk.32 ASW torp
    Kagero(kai)*: HF/DF +2, ASW torp, ASW rocket +2
    Kako: 20.3cm(2) +9, 20.3cm(2) +9, SK+SG +10, shiun(skilled) +2
    Ryuujou: ryuusei(CD1/skilled) +2, f4u7, shinden, iwamoto +10
    Kawakaze: 10cm+AAFD +10, 10cm+AAFD +10, GFCS +2, t94 AAFD +10

LBAS(T or M): hayabusa(64), ginga(skilled), ginga(skilled), nonaka +2

Some problems with node M since I started with fast Hayasui (Amatsukaze was on expedition) to avoid locking other ships but after 1 A-rank, 1 S-rank and 1 reatreat I added Aquila and got 1 A-rank and 1 S-rank (I also lost too many planes and got only AP).

P2 (purple)
    Ushio: triple ox LM +10, sextorp +9, tslo +8
    Garibaldi: GFCS+5inch CD, 5inch CD +2, SK+SG +10, 11B(night), t94 AAFD +10
    Ark Royal: au1, f4u7, iwamoto +10, AGDP, rk2 +10
    Hatsuzuki: 10cm+AAFD +10, 10cm+AAFD +10, searchlight +10, t13 radar kai +10
    Akebono: 10cm+AAFD +10, 10cm+AAFD +10, GFCS +2
    Hatsushimo: triple ox LM +10, sextorp +9, smoke kai +2, tslo +4

LBAS(X): nonaka +2, ginga(skilled), ginga(skilled), B25 +2

Boss support (LD only): 3BB 1CVL 2DD

diamond - line ahead - vanguard(smoke) - line ahead

r-r-S-S-S-r-S-r-C(19hp left)-S
    Bad start since I got a lot of damage at the airstrike node, so I increased AA afterwards. Smoke + vanguard kinda worked but a radarless CA managed to hit a DD twice and caused 2 retreats (the other 2 were caused by airstrikes). I used SDP+ on the CV for 1st LD attempt and the result was getting her medium damaged at 1st node (but I advanced till the boss) so I went back to rk2 (she was medium damaged at the boss before she could shell at the main fleet, though). In the end it didn't go well (I could also have saved Hatsushimo since the boss was sniped by Ushio) and it seemed that enemy SS can't really hit anything, so there is no need to try avoiding them.

*OASW

Last edited by Ink20; 03-30-2024 at 05:43 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1164 Post(s)
    @goesto11

Thanks for the heads up. In the end, I only used Ushio among the 3 and decided to be a cheapskate on the ships I deployed to this map.

E-1 Hard Cleared

Phase 0.5 (Blue Tag)
    Ise (lv24) (dupe): Turbine, Boiler, Shiun, T0 M11B
    Momo (lv60): OASW
    Nagara (lv73): OASW
    Tokitsukaze (lv75): 2xMain Gun, SG Radar
    Minegumo (lv87): 2xMain Gun, SG Radar
    Matsu (lv86): OASW+SG Radar

Phase 1 (Green Tag)
    Abukuma (lv97) (dupe): OASW+Daihatsu
    Ume (lv81): 3xDaihatsu
    Tamanami (lv76): 3xDaihatsu
    Yuugure (lv92): 3xDaihatsu
    Ariake (lv96): 3xDaihatsu
    Maruyu (lv99): Damegami

Phase 1.5

For Node M (Green Tag)
    Hyuuga (lv23) (dupe): 1xMain Gun, Boiler, Turbine, Zuiun
    Aquila (lv99): 2xT97 Tomonaga (+6, non-mod), Reppuu 601, T0M53 Iwamoto (max)
    Tamanami (lv76): 2x12.7cm Type-D (+2, +4), SG Radar
    Yuugure (lv92): 2x12.7cm Type-D (+2, +4), SG Radar
    Ariake (lv97): 2x12.7cm Type-D (+2, +4), SG Radar
    Ume (lv81): OASW+SG Radar

For T and R1 (Blue Tag)
    Ise (lv25) (dupe): 2x16inch Mk.I Triple, 2xT2 SPF
    Yura (lv98) (dupe): Kyoufuu K2, Kyoufuu Kai, O-Torp
    Momo (lv60): OASW
    Tokitsukaze (lv75): 2xMain Gun, SG Radar
    Minegumo (lv87): 2xMain Gun, SG Radar
    Matsu (lv86): OASW+SG Radar

Phase 2 (Purple Tag)
    Sendai (lv68) (dupe): 2x20.3cm (no.3) (+6, non-mod), FuMO25
    Teruzuki (lv91) (dupe): 2x10cmHA+FD (max, max), SK+SG Radar (+3)
    Richelieu (lv99) (dupe): 38cm Quad Kai deux, 38cm Quad Kai, Loire 130M, T1 AP Shell Kai
    Souryuu (lv99) (dupe): 2xTenzan M12 Murata (+2, non-mod), Shinden Kai, Arctic Gear
    Hiryuu (lv99) (dupe): 2xTenzan M12 Tomonaga, Shinden Kai, Arctic Gear
    Ushio (lv99): 3x61cm Quad Oxy LM (max, max, max), SLO+ (+2)

For this map, I really cheapened myself here by only deploying ships that I don't mind not being able to use in the later maps. Failing that, I used dupes to fill in the needed fleet comps. Among all the fleet comps for this map that I used, the one I used for nodes T and R1 is probably the cheapest here as the fleet for these two nodes that I recall using was made up of the same ships I used in Phase 0.5 (because of being Blue Tag) and any new ship commited for these two nodes to meet certain fleet requirements were dupes. As a result, it's a somewhat light fleet (1BBV 1CL 4DD) that made completing those nodes somewhat tricky and I had to change the LBAS loadout at least twice to account for that. On another note, my Phase 2 fleet comes as a close second in terms of cheapness as all but 1 ship in it were dupes. To compensate for that, I have to use boss support which made LD attempts somewhat expensive as forced retreats meant that the resources I used on the boss support expedition fleet were wasted. LBAS used for Phase 2 is 1 7-range Interceptor + 3 LBAS Bombers which performed well during pre-LD runs but started to miss a lot during LD attempts (at best, they sunk 2-4 ships during these LD runs). All in all, I feel going extreme cheapskate on this map made my attempts at clearing this map a game of luck. I only managed to clear this map thanks to the taiha-ed boss getting sunk by a non-TCI torp shot from Ushio dealing damage equal to the remaining HP the P2 boss had.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    E1H Cleared. Sloppy, but cleared.

Ushio with the snipe, which was good because my other historical was taiha. Cleared with an A rank.

P0.5 - Unlocks

I posed this earlier - same fleet for C, G and H. Very much overkill for this, but I used the exact same fleet for R1 and T later without locking additional ships. No LBAS used, Line Ahead for surface combat nodes and Line Abreast for Subs. 3 runs
    [+] Spoiler

Hyuuga is a dupe, all others main

P1 - TP Phase

Fairly straightforward. Filled the LBAS with Toukai and used that to get past the sub nodes, and Diamond at the air raid. 5 runs.
    [+] Spoiler

Went with slightly beefier ships than really necessary since I'll reuse this fleet for unlocks. Zuihou dupe, all others main. You could also use any other CVL here, and I think you need two in E2 in this tag anyway.

P1.5 - Unlock Boss

Reused the same TP fleet for the Node M unlock, with daihatsu switched for ASW/combat equips. Reused the P0.5 unlock fleet for R1 and T. LBAS was 2xF, 2xB sent to M and T as appropriate. Line Ahead/Abreast as necessary. 4 runs.
    [+] Spoiler

Node M

For completeness, Nodes R1/T

P2 - CA Hime

This went just about as well as it could have. Debated using Euro Carriers and a historic CA, finally went with Dragons and no CA. Chipping was 5 runs since my first ended with the Boss left standing with 11 HP. My last 3 were daytime S ranks with the Dragons taking the honors. No retreats, diamond at the air raid, Line Ahead at R2 and X, Vanguard at S and T with smoke @ T. LBAS 1xF 3xB, both waves to X

No changes to the fleet for LD. Sparkled and added Boss Support. First run was a bloodbath at W, second run I used vanguard at W and had no issue. Chipping had AS @ W, LD was AP.... Sample size of 1 so YMMV. Made it through the rest of the route, reached the boss and cleared with an A rank.
    [+] Spoiler

Isuzu did all right the one time she got to attack @ night. If I used a TCI DD with better luck I'd swap their places.

Boss support. Totally basic.

Overall chill map. Total 19 runs to clear, using 4.4k fuel and about 3k each ammo, steel and bauxite. 18 buckets. Got lucky with a I-36 drop while chipping, so I'm really done with this map.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    E-1 Hard Cleared. I'm finally on the board

*No dupes used for E-1*

Unlocking Part 1

Node C/G/H fleet

LBAS - 3x T1 Nonaka, SM79 Bis Skilled to applicable nodes

Comments: Not much to say, just have some OASW as needed, and use LBAS to help out. I had one wave to Node D at times for passing rate

Part 1 TP Gauge
    Fleet

LBAS - 2x Hayabusa 64th, Type 0 M32 (Tainan), Shiden Kai 343AG (701st) +2 to Node O (range =2)

Comments: Easy - there's not even a fleet at the final node. Passing rate was 100%. 107 TP per trip.

Unlocking Part 2
    Node M Fleet

Nodes R1 & T Fleet

LBAS for above 2 parts = 2x Hayabusa 64th + 2x Ginga Skilled to applicable nodes.

Comments:

• Node M: I had more issues with Node M (including didn't realize there was an LoS requirement of 32-36 (cn=2). Added another RADAR to solve that). 3, maybe 4 sorties to get this done, but overall no big deal.
    • Nodes R1 & T: Went perfect - 2 sorties and done

Part 2 HP Gauge
    Fleet

**NOTES:
    (1) Probably could have used an AACI DD (pretty sure I have one left without using dupes), but ultimately just went with what I had planned.
    (2) According to KC3Kai, I had about a 4% higher trigger chance with Shiraniu using GTRL over TTTL so went with GTRL (plus already had RE on her).

LBAS - Hayabusa 64th + Ginga Skilled + 2x B-25.
    No support used

Comments:

• Stars of this were Souryuu & Hiryuu, albeit Conte did quite well along with Abukuma. Shiranui was either not needed or taiha'd >_>
    • 4/4 S-rank for chipping
    • Final Kill fine, but not quite so easy. 4 sorties - 2 failed A-ranks (with Red T for one) one retreat and S-rank in day where just about everything went my way.

Overall, as many have noted, this is the easiest E-1 in a while. Using historic ships like Abukuma, Shiranui and/or Ushio definitely makes a difference. That being said, if you don't have any Arctic Gear, part 2 is probably not so much fun. Having 1 Arctic Gear definitely helps, but since CVCI works so well and hard to do that with only 1 CV and get enough airpower, longer time players definitely have an advantage if they have 2 Arctic Gear.

Sadly, no I-36 drop while clearing for me so... not sure what to do because I'd like to have I-36 for final boss, though shouldn't be needed. Lagging already so I guess I'll farm for a bit before moving on to E-2.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    I-36 GET so that's done. Not too bad, 20-somethng sorties (about 20 S-ranks). I think drop on S-rank is 4% (or 3.9%) so better than average and no complaints. Now on to the rest of the event!