• News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    E-7 is out, so please note the updated fleet locking tag information on respective event map threads. For example, E-1 Grey 2nd Fleet tag is also used for E-7 as well as E-3. While I cannot say for 100% for certain at this point, it does seem safe to lock main/original Nagato K2 to E-1 Grey 2nd fleet tag (someone just posted that on discord). Probably(?) can lock main main Yahagi K2b as well... EDIT - If you do not have a duplicate Yahagi K2B, seems best to lock to E-6 (should be P3) as it's the hardest map of event. That leaves a choice of possibly Jintsuu or Abukuma for E-1HP2, but Abukuman is good elsewhere such as E-3/E-4 5th Main Force light blue tag. To be fair, can use JIntsuu elsewhere, but MAY be the case if you do not have a Yahagi K2B dupe, to use Jintsuu for E-1.H. Ayanami or Naganami are probably safe as well to lock to E-1 Grey 2nd Fleet tag.

Also note that MO E-4 tag Dark Blue 1st Fleet is shared with E-7 as well as E-6.

[deleted speculation - at this point a decent chunk of info will be out in a couple days]

I'm still lagging quite a bit (more than I had planned). but after he's cleared the event, I'm sure that Ken G will be able to provide more concrete fleet locking advice.

Last edited by goesto11; 09-03-2023 at 05:28 AM. Reason: update
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    For anyone who wants to know what locks are shared for the final boss battle in E7, it will be E4P2 (1st fleet dark blue tag) and E6P2 (British Fleet Main Force 'very light' green tag).

- - - Updated - - -

Uploaded the complete event lock outline in the opening post. If there are any mistakes or updates, let me know.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    If it helps with planning, consensus so far in terms of difficulty (on Hard) E6P3 > E1P2 > E4P2 > E4P3 > E2P2. E-6 Part 3 appears to be significantly harder than E-1 Part 2. Not much on E-7 yet, but apparently final boss European Little Sister Princess (aka Abyssal Rodney) has O-Torps. That seems to be a theme of this event. Note, map E-7 is LONG with 5 parts/phases + unlocking stuff + debuffing.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    @Ken G: Couple additional questions from E-4 discussion.

1) Still need to work on EO planning, but apart from any (not wanted elsewhere) USN CV(b) for E-5, I guess I can put waifu Taihou CVB to E-5 as well as E-4P3. Right now just don't have a good, clear spot for her, maybe there isn't one outside of E-2H (used dupe ther). If you have a good spot for Taihou in E-6 or E-7, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just put to E-5 I guess or she gets a vacation from event LOL

2) Lock man Nisshin to E-6P3? Do have Cmdt. Teste dupe (and Nisshin dupe), but some may not.

3) Save Intrepid for E-7P5? Seems best place unless have maybe Saratoga CVB dupe.

4) Suggestion - depending upon your opinion, may wish to add Kitakami to E-6P3 in bold. Given difficulty, as best I can tell, probably best place for someone's main (or only) Kitakami in event. Same may apply for main Yahagi K2B

Thanks.

Last edited by goesto11; 09-05-2023 at 12:47 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    @goesto11

1) You can use Taihou in E5. E4P3 won't have space for a CV. E6 and E7 will be flanked by European/US CVs, as well as any better IJN CVs that you locked in E1/E4P2.

2) I can't conclude if main Nisshin in E6P3 is best, since she's one of those rare AVs that are fast. Maybe you want to consult E7 info on which phases specifically need a fast fleet, and then decide from there. I will update again as I progress in E7.

3) Intrepid will be either E6P3(E7P4) or E6P2(E7P3/5), while Sara CVB will go to the other. Why both won't go together is because Ark Royal is good in both parts, and most likely you'll lock your main Ark to E6P3.

4) KTKM is a good choice for E6P3, but I won't say she is essential overall, as it's also possible to use her in E7P5(E6P2). But if anyone is undecided on where to use your only main KTKM, I'd say go for E6P3 first.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by Ken G; 09-05-2023 at 10:21 AM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Much appreciated.

I'll use Taihou (main) for E-4 Part 1 dark blue 1st Fleet along with Shoukaku & Zuikaku (both main) and Hiryuu (main). That leaves Souryuu main for E-5. JMO, but I think Taihou CVB > Souryuu K2 so into E-4Part 2 she goes. I don't want to make too much light of E-5H, but worst case, I have dupes I can use (even if not the best).

Fair enough on KTKM, Nisshin, etc. Probably best to wait on such questions until you've finished event and had a chance to "digest".

Quote Originally Posted by Ken G View Post
    @goesto11
    3) Intrepid will be either E6P2(E7P4) or E6P3(E7P3/5), while Sara CVB will go to the other. Why both won't go together is because Ark Royal is good in both parts, and most likely you'll lock your main Ark to E6P3.
    Been having discussion on discord about CV(B). Most go with Ark Royal for E-5 over say E-6P3 (or E-7) due to the high enemy AA. Something like 35% chance to wipe Ark's 24 size slot for E-6HP3. Recommendation is go Ark for E-5, Saratoga CVB & Intrepid for E-6P3, then Kaga K2 for E-7P5 with rationale of E-7P5 CV not a damage dealer (horrendous abyssal AA not helping), and 5 slots allows for Saiun which helps a lot.

Honestly, at this point I may go with the strategy of "when in doubt, throw dupe at it". I'll use duplicate Ark on E-5, along with whoever. E-6HP3 will be Saratoga CVB (waifu/main) + Ark (main), with Intrepid (main) in reserve if things go badly (that is NOT a request RNG). If Intrepid (main) not used for E-6HP3, then can decide at my leisure Intrepid (main) or Kaga K2 (main) for E-7HP5. If Intrepid (main) used E-6HP3, then Kaga K2 should be fine, if not preferred, as far as I can tell for E-7HP5. Worst case, got Saratoga CVB dupe and Intrepid dupe (only lvl 75 though so probably Sara CVB dupe) still in reserve if for some RNG forsaken reason Kaga K2 is not cutting it for E-7HP5. Not the finest of strategies, but well, it will have to do.

Lastly, bit confused on what you wrote for locking above. Shouldn't it be E6P2(E7P3&5) for green-something British Main, and darker green Brit D-Day for E-6P3(E7P4)?

Thanks again.

Rep
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    @goesto11 My bad, edited the locking part

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Erp, what can I use for E3 if I used Nagato for E1?

Rep
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    @firehawk12 Nagato will be reused in E3P3 as well as E7P1/2, so you can also use your Mutsu here. Main ones are fine.